THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Sunday, December 6, 2009

DESPERATION, THY NAME IS YANA

For the last two months, I have been receiving SMS’s and phone calls from a Malay man looking for a girl named Yana….From what I can understand, she must have had this number in the past although that doesn’t really make sense as I have had this number for more than two years and these calls and messages are new to me….More likely it was the old female trick of giving a phony number out to a man who wouldn’t take no for an answer.

The tone of these messages is funny….They have gotten more and more desperate as if there is a deliberate attempt at ignoring him as a suitor but she couldn’t have possibly given him a wrong phone number because he is such an amazing guy.




Actually, this all brings back to me my single days and what a desperate, unhappy, feral time being single was and how hard it was to meet a good person through all the hard bitter gasping women and all the competition there was from other males when you did find someone….Of course, I should add that these comments apply to American women only and when I did want to find a quality relationship or get married, I turned to women from Asia as their intelligence level, knowledge of the world , and morals were so much better.

But I was never a chaser….If a woman didn’t like me so be it….I would move on….Chasing someone in the hope you can beat someone into submission through the sheer power of your personality coupled with expensive gifts and the like is a frustrating, miserable, and silly venture.

I think the attraction between two people is something that at its root is very natural and easy….To labor over this and make it so difficult is to deny love and the human experience.




1 comment:

Harren said...

Amazing insight on a topic I didn't you understood deeply.