THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Thursday, June 25, 2015

THE JOB INTERVIEW (CONT.)


I have written about some of my job interview experiences before http://rgdinmalaysia.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-job-interview-two-way-street.html

The adventure continues....

The unprofessional conduct shown by Malaysian Human Resource departments and employers in arranging and conducting interviews never ceases to amaze me. Latest story - Received a phone call from Kolej Yayasan yesterday. The person spoke almost no English but with my limited Bahasa Melayu and lots of repetition I was able to get the important details - interview scheduled for Friday morning. I asked if I would receive a confirming email which is the custom listing what documents I needed to bring. She said yes I would. So as of today, I had not received the confirming email so I called them back. The HR person who answered the phone told me in fact they couldn't interview me for this position as they had a quota they needed to fill with a local employee - I have no problem with this - I understand how this works, that's not the problem here. My question is if I had not called would I have shown up on Friday and been told I couldn't be interviewed? This school is more than an hour away by car and I would have totally lost it if that happened. I would have burned that fucking place to the ground!




No comments: