THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Sunday, July 26, 2009

LIVING OUTSIDE THE MATERIAL WORLD

Read this article….

http://men.style.com/details/features/landing?id=content_9817&mbid=yhp&npu=1

Now I wouldn’t want to live the way this guy does dumpster diving and sleeping in a cave but there’s a lot to this quote….

“Money represents lack. Money represents things in the past (debt) and things in the future (credit), but money never represents what is present."

Recalling the film a few years back INTO THE WILD and now this story brings to mind how unhealthy for mind body and soul the work money life is….I’m not a religious person but it’s interesting how original Christianity was so much about lack of selfishness and being free from material concerns including the most selfish of all ….acquiring possessions.

For me, as I’ve blogged about before http://rgdinmalaysia.xanga.com/662288859/the-world-according-to-theodor-adorno/ , I believe this mindset is partly put in place by a system that wants a populace that is distracted by materialism….This is their control mechanism so people don’t question how f*cked up things are….People basically want the newest things for several reasons-to compete with one another, because they are new therefore they must be good, etc.

But people also want the newest goods as some sort of consolation for the robotic dignity sucking lives they live….I have money therefore I must spend it!....See I’ve something to show for myself!....I am not a failure….

However, I feel the current economic crisis is causing a rethink in the more developed countries of the world….Priorities are shifting as people realize their lifestyles are unhealthy and destructive not just to them but also their families and the environment around them

Won’t be long before more people end up in caves or something similar I predict

No comments: