THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Saturday, September 12, 2009

THE GLORY PLACE PART 2-WHEN RELIGIOUS PEOPLE INVADE!!!!

I blogged last week about the church-like structure next door and the people there.

Today I was listening to music when I was disturbed by all the dogs in my neighborhood barking….There have been some burglaries recently so I went out to look and found a large group of people from the Glory Place wandering the streets.

The women were dressed in long baggy dresses and kneelength socks….They were carrying literature of some sort which they were buzzing doorbells and offering to all the people on my block….And oh yeah they were also all carrying open umbrellas which was weird because it wasn’t raining and neither was there bright sun.

A couple came to my gate but I didn’t let them in as I wasn’t wearing a shirt and had no interest in talking to them.

It is rare to see Christians proselytizing like this in Malaysia as it is basically against the law I believe although that didn’t stop a couple of Seventh Day Adventists who reeked of too much aftershave from hassling me at the Paser Seni LRT station in Kuala Lumpur a few years ago.

An indelible image from this afternoon for me was an old man in a red shirt who had sweated all the way through….He was clearly uncomfortable but his vision of a salesman God pushed him on.

No comments: