THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Friday, September 3, 2010

CAMBODIA - MY UPCOMING VACATION, MISCELLANEOUS THOUGHTS....

I’m going to Cambodia for a five day tour/vacation….I’d originally planned to go to Vietnam and Cambodia but couldn’t afford to go to both and figured it would be easier to see what Cambodia has to offer in a shorter time vacation like this and catch Vietnam when I have more time (and money)

Cambodia brings to mind the great misfortunes-genocide and other unimaginable horrors in the minds of Westerners….Lately, it has been explored and rendered cute like so much other previously inhospitable terrain by cooking shows who create a lightweight atmosphere as they rub noses with whatever fear factor food they can dig up from the locals.

The Cambodian genocide (which by the way is the direct result of the US carpet bombing which allowed the Khmer Rouge to get into power) didn’t cause the US to break off relations with the Khmer Rouge….In fact, for a number of years after the Khmer Rouge were deposed and their crimes know the US recognized them as the legal representative of the people of Cambodia rather than the actual government.

Angkor Wat I will also be seeing….This is one of those world wonders I’ve always wanted to visit….Angkor Wat fun fact- It was originally meant as worship for the Hindu god Vishnu and translated means “city that is a temple”

More after my trip….

 

1 comment:

Rosemary_Uzzo said...

Dear Raj,

I know your dad for quite a few years. We belonged to the UN Hunger Project together and we from time to time correspond. I have read some of the things he has written and inspired by his writings, I constructed poems with a scientific theme. Recently, when we emailed each other, I asked about you and he sent me a link to Amazon.com and your book. I bought your book. I loved the ones that I have read so far. I focused on "Do You Own Yourself." I found your thinking very interesting, and particularly the way your mind goes from the desire for ownership to "I have so many neckties." I also agree that individuality is not for sale. As a matter of fact, its the most precious commodity that we have. I look forward to reading the poem about garbage trucks since I do some educational consulting in relationship to garbage trucks that are decorated with art. Give me your email and I'll send you a picture of the "wonderful green garbage machines!" Mine is rjbuzzo@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,

Rosemary Uzzo