THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

OF DIZZY SPELLS, TRAINER SELF-LOVE ,AND WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU REALLY CAN'T STAND SOMEONE YOU WORK WITH

In the middle of training week prior to the start of the school year next week and not feeling good due to dizzy spells….This is a problem I’ve blogged about before http://rgdinmalaysia.xanga.com/688423840/thats-all-for-everyone-mortality-scare/ and one that finally caused my doctor to refer me for a CAT scan over the term break wherein they x-rayed my brain….Luckily, nothing was visible….A poem I wrote here http://rgdinmalaysia.xanga.com/709694486/three-poems/ entitled THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW DEATH dealt with the experience….Lying in that metal chamber with an IV needle implanted in the back of your hand shooting an illuminating fluid through your veins so the X-Ray can capture their locations and track the route is NOT a pleasant experience

I do have an inner ear imbalance which is brought on either by me being out of position physically (for example bending over suddenly) or any strong emotions such as anger….The other day I was moving furniture which led to the current spell….I have been prescribed blood circulation medicine and I am hoping that will get rid of this ailment once and for all.

Speaking of our training, yesterday we had a session on conflict (how to spot the warning signs, resolution etc.)….It was okay although I noticed something about the speaker/trainer that I’ve noticed before in other trainings he has done which is he loves the sound of his own voice and his responses to other people doesn’t show much in the way of empathetic or listening skills….I always get the feeling he’s a bit in love with himself.

Anyway, the activity in this session was coming up with an example of a conflict that occurred in school and how it was resolved….We were not supposed to use real names and refer to any employees involved anonymously….This was group work and one group (not ours) selected an employee who is no longer with school and a conflict that occurred because of her behavior (It was easy to guess her identity).

I could relate to their story as this brought to mind my own conflict with this employee and how on her last day we were all supposed to be smiles and good luck and best wishes….What do you do in the case when you really don’t feel that way about a fellow employee or a fellow student?

I don’t think you should force yourself to be phony but neither should you be rude….If someone’s a completely useless idiot then you shouldn’t have to talk to them but neither do you have to remind them of that to their face.

By the way, here’s my own story with this ex-employee (taken from a memo I gave the school which was completely ignored) ….Honestly, I’m counting the minutes until I leave IIS!!!!

I would like to relate two incidents that happened involving -------- both involving my club. I found her behavior in these situations unprofessional, rude, dishonest, idiotic, and highly irritating.

1.) The first occurred about two months ago the week prior to the WASC visit. I was in my club at the usual time on Wednesday afternoons when my home room Year 10B appeared and asked if they could wait in my room as the teacher who normally teaches them was not available as he was busy preparing a WASC powerpoint with the principal. I had no problem with this and agreed. A short while later, -------- showed up and wanted to know why all these people were in my room. She forced 10B to line up outside but then let them go back in as there was nowhere to take them. She ranted and raved for a few minutes and then left she said “to investigate further”. She looked absolutely foolish. After the club period was over, I informed both the teacher who was to have been teaching 10B and the principal what occurred as I did feel ------ inferred this was somehow my fault. At no time, did I blame anyone for what happened. The next day, the teacher who was to be with 10B told me that -------- had told her I was the angry one and she tried to say she was not concerned. This is an absolute lie! I think ------- must have realized how foolish she looked and attempted to cover herself. Luckily, all of 10B witnessed this incident and their recollection of events backs mine.

2.) Last Wednesday, I was to only be with my club for half the two hour period as I needed to rehearse with the team that competed with the YMCA forum on Saturday. This was agreed to by both principals. One principal also asked me to look after the rest of Year 10 as well. Actually, I ended up not seeing my club at all that day as the other principal wanted to take the opportunity to rehearse with the KBSM team (two of whom happen to be in my club). This was all fine by me. However, at the beginning of my club, I was again approached by -------- who demanded to know why I wasn’t in my club. She was extremely rude and ended our conversation, once I explained what was going on, by saying she would check with the principals to see “If my story was true”. Basically, she called me a liar!!!! I found out later that both principals had cleared this with her ahead of time so what’s the problem here?????

I found -------- both unprofessional and rude in these circumstances. She has lost all credibility with me. I’m very happy to no longer work with her.


I’m disabling comments on this post as I do not wish to get into the identity of the employee….