THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Thursday, May 3, 2012

ON BEING HAPPY


Currently, I’m in the grip of an intense good mood.  It’s not unusual for me to be in a good mood these days but this is very intense....As I tweeted “I hope I’m not going crazy”.

I’m on the fence about what happiness is these days.  On one hand, those around me when I was young always used to tell me happiness was in your head and you just had to tell yourself to be happy.  That didn’t make much sense to me as I recognized material concerns must be addressed at some point.  You can hypnotize yourself to believe anything.

But later in life, I had money a house and many of the material things I wanted but was miserable.  There are some things that must be present for happiness to germinate and take hold.

Now, I find myself in a situation where I can view my life in a way that is much more balanced.  Call it taking a breath and calming down an seeing the overview if you will but I am able to do that.

Happiness is satisfaction, it’s also reality, some combination of the two.  I have goals in life I have not yet met but as long as I am trying and am satisfied with my effort that’s not going to get me down.

So I’m happy and it feels good and there’s no secret.  It’s all about the moment.  It’s also about creating your own reality....What kind of like would make you happy?  Is that life realistic? Is it doable?

At some point, barring fate and the pitfalls of a negative attitude (something I know only too well about....It held me back for years)  You will find yourself at a point where life feels good and that’s the most important part of all-When you are happy don’t deny it....A lot of people hate happy people well ignore them and if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands, write it in your blog, let the good feeling wash over you.  
   

No comments: