THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A FEW THOUGHTS ABOUT THE FLASH TV SHOW


As the Flash TV show is now on its mid-season break for about a month or so, I thought it would be a good time to give my opinion on it.

And my opinion is I think it’s excellent.  The best live action comic book TV series I’ve seen (which is a relatively small genre I know).

Very simply put - it has made the right choices in what to keep from the comic book and what to change for the benefit of TV to modernize and streamline the narrative in order to reach a TV audience.

First and foremost, the ongoing story arc of Flash’s mother’s murder by Reverse Flash (Not sure yet if it is Eobard Thawne or Professor Zoom) has been handled superbly with their first meeting in battle tonight extremely thrilling.  My opinion – Reverse Flash is Eddie Thawne or one of his ancestors seeking revenge, upset that Iris left him for Barry (It hasn’t happened yet but it most assuredly will).  Professor Wells is either Barry Allen (or Bart Allen) from the future or even more intriguing Vandal Savage.  Savage also had time travelling technology and is the kind of villain to come up with a big plan like this.

In general, the villains have been very good.  Wentworth Miller’s Captain Cold and Nick Tarabay‘s Captain Boomerang were both handled well and I look forward to seeing Gorilla Grodd, Mirror Master, and Killer Frost in future episodes.  The Flash series that ran for one season also had a few good villains but its great flaw was putting The Flash up against rather mundane menaces, a mistake this show has not made yet.  My only word of advice is they should have consistently strong villains. Most have been good but a few of the villains so far such as Girder and Rainbow Raider were third rate.  However, from what I’ve read plenty of good villain to come.

Also if they are in fact planning to spin off Firestorm into his own show, I hope they somehow incorporate the were-hyena story arc from the comic book - that was wild.

To sum up, I am a fan of comic books (It’s been a long time but I am planning on getting back to blogging about comics soon) and The Flash TV show has retained the vibe, mood, and narrative structure of the comics while updating the stories.  I hope it stays this thrilling!      

   

No comments: