THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Thursday, June 25, 2015

PIYUSH JINDAL AND RUNNING AWAY FROM ONE'S ETHNICITY


If there's a type of person I have no respect for, it's those who seek to change or hide their ethnic origins to curry (literally LOL) favor with others.

Case in point - Piyush Jindal who goes by the nickname Bobby which he picked up from the Brady Bunch as a child. People tell that story like it's cute, I find it pathetic. What was wrong with the name Piyush? As most people know, my father is an Indian but I was born and grew up in the US.A I used to dread the first day of school when I was a kid as teachers would slaughter my name even in college it happened and it often continued even after the first day as some teacher just couldn't get their head around it. Some years later, I had a literary agent tell me I should change my name for a pen name and also had an editor at a poetry magazine tell me the same thing.

But even though I am not culturally an Indian in many ways I never felt the need or desire to change my name. Piyush also gave up his Hinduism for Christinity (converting) which I think was a political move not one of real faith and lightened campaign photos of himself so he wouldn't appear so dark. I guess it doesn't matter since Jindal will never be president. He's running for the vice presidency but he won't get that either. Blame Jesus or blame karma.


No comments: