THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Monday, October 12, 2015

(MORE ABOUT) CRADLE TO THE GRAVE BY SQUEEZE



Bare with me.... Squeeze is my favorite band and  it's been a long time since a new record so I dare say I'll be talking about them a lot.  Some more thoughts about CRADLE TO THE GRAVE 

1.) It really seems like Glenn Tilbrook's voice has dropped an octave or so with age which gives his singing a smokey, mature quality - I like his younger higher McCartney on helium voice but I like this too.

2.) At first I was sad about the lack of Difford alone vocals but I must say the Difford and Tilbrook harmonies, low vs high, are prevalent throughout - no prettier vocal sound for me in music. 

3.) My current favorite song is Nirvana but every song is a good one.  Oddly enough, my least favorite would be the first single Happy Days  

4.) It gets better with each listen.  I'd rank CRADLE as a better record overall than PLAY, UK SQUEEZE (debut record), BABYLON AND ON, RIDICULOUS, and FRANK but not as good as EAST SIDE STORY, ARGYBARGY, SOME FANTASTIC PLACE, COSI FAN TUTTI FRUTTI, SWEETS FROM A STRANGER, COOL FOR CATS, DIFFORD AND TILBROOK and DOMINO. 

5.) Chris Difford is my favorite lyricist in all of music.  Every song here is a mini-story tempered by maturity.  Ray Davies without the self-pity.

    

No comments: