THE ABSENT

THE ABSENT
THE ABSENT - out now!

CRIPPLED HEARTS

CRIPPLED HEARTS
Out Now - For sale on Amazon and other onlne book sellers

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

SOLIDARITY WITH THE FLESH EATING MOSAIC AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
Out Now

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT NINNY AND OTHER POEMS by Raj Dronamraju
My first book of poetry available through Amazon and other online booksellers www.rajbooks.com

Monday, December 31, 2012

JOHN DIES AT THE END - BEST FILM OF 2012


I’ve given up on mainstream Hollywood movies (as noted before in my blog).  I tried to watch LINCOLN the other day but only made it about 20 minutes in.  It is typical to reduce a complex historical figure like Lincoln to MTV soundbites.  I’ve written before about how Stephen Speiberg is my least favourite director.  http://rgdinmalaysia.xanga.com/660725052/why-i-wont-be-seeing-the-new-indiana-jones-film/

Don Coscarelli on the other hand is a director whose work I’ve always enjoyed.  PHANTASM and BUBBA HO TEP are both great films but JOHN DIES AT THE END, his most recent movie, may be his greatest.

In fact it’s the best film I’ve seen released this year.

Clever, creepy, funny, highly original, the story of two average young dorks and what happens when they take the drug nicknamed “soy sauce” which has the power to break down perception of dimensions not to mention the power of life and death, time travel etc. told as flashbacks is the most unique narrative I’ve seen in a long time.

Told in flashback, every frame of this movie is crammed with visual surprises, funny dialogue, odd characters, I’m left with thoughts about mortality and about what’s real and not real....John dies at the end? We all die at the end!



No comments: